TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While Marahau Water Taxis Ltd. (trading as Marahau Water Taxis and Abel Tasman AquaTaxi) will take every care and precaution possible, we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to customer’s personal effects.
We reserve the right to cancel or alter the services and products described on our websites or in other promotional literature without prior notice. Marahau Water Taxis Ltd. reserves the right to alter trip times and prices during the season.
We understand that travel plans vary due to illness, accident and people simply changing their minds. In turn, we ask our clients to understand that we may have turned away a number of keen people for those reserved places. We will also have incurred expense in processing the enquiry and bookings. Finally, we have learned to respect the sea and the New Zealand weather, and not to take unnecessary risks.
If Marahau Water Taxis Ltd.cancels a sailing due to bad weather we will give a full refund.
If a customer cancels 12 hours or less before departure no refund will be given.If a customer cancels between 12 and 24 hours before departure a 50% refund will be given.If a customer cancels 24 hours or more before departure a full refund will be given.
To confirm your reservation, full payment or voucher detail must be received in advance of departure. Please note that payment from credit cards will be processed on booking.
We advise all clients to consider arranging appropriate travel insurance that covers Adventure Tourism. Under all circumstances, the client is solely responsible for their personal equipment.
Marahau Water Taxis Ltd. recognise the importance of safeguarding your personal and financial information. We do need to obtain personal information about you in the course of providing our products and services. Because this information is confidential and important to you, we think it's important you know how we treat your information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in the online environment.
We only use your personal information to:
- Help us to provide our products and services;
- Improve our service;
- Inform you of products you have indicated an interest in; and
- Inform you about additional services.
Marahau Water Taxis Ltd. will not sell your information to third parties. We may in the future contact you to inform you of other services and products available. If you do not wish to receive these offers please email us at info@abeltasmancentre or call us on +64 3 5278176.
To provide our customers peace of mind we do not store credit card information in our database. Customers are being forwarded to our secure payment gateway provider, Kiwipay, a safe and convenient way of accepting card payments online.
Please also note that while our website has hyperlinks to various other websites, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practice of those websites and/or the reliability of the information published on those websites.
Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (“PPSA”)
1. Upon assenting to these terms and conditions in writing the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) these terms and conditions constitute a security agreement for the purposes of the PPSA; and
(b) a security interest is taken in all Goods previously supplied by the Seller to the Customer (if any) and all Goods that will be supplied in the future by the Seller to the Customer.
2. The Customer undertakes to:
(a) sign any further documents and/or provide any further information (such information to be complete, accurate and up-to-date in all respects) which the Seller may reasonably require to register a financing statement or financing change statement on the Personal Property Securities Register;
(b) indemnify, and upon demand reimburse, the Seller for all expenses incurred in registering a financing statement or financing change statement on the Personal Property Securities Register or releasing any Goods charged thereby;
(c) not register a financing change statement or a change demand without the prior written consent of the Seller; and
(d) immediately advise the Seller of any material change in its business practices of selling the Goods which would result in a change in the nature of proceeds derived from such sales.
3. The Seller and the Customer agree that nothing in sections 114(1)(a), 133 and 134 of the PPSA shall apply to these terms and conditions.
4. The Customer waives its rights as a debtor under sections 116, 120(2), 121, 125, 126, 127, 129, 131 and 132 of the PPSA.
5. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Seller, the Customer waives its right to receive a verification statement in accordance with section 148 of the PPSA.
6. The Customer shall unconditionally ratify any actions taken by the Seller under clauses 6.1 to 6.5. 7.
Privacy Act 1993
1. The Customer and the Guarantor/s (if separate to the Customer) authorises the Seller to:
(a) collect, retain and use any information about the Customer, for the purpose of assessing the Customer’s creditworthiness or marketing products and services to the Customer; and
(b) to disclose information about the Customer, whether collected by the Seller from the Customer directly or obtained by the Seller from any other source, to any other credit provider or any credit reporting agency for the purposes of providing or obtaining a credit reference, debt collection or notifying a default by the Customer.
2. Where the Customer is an individual the authorities under (1) are authorities or consents for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993.
3. The Customer shall have the right to request the Seller for a copy of the information about the Customer retained by the Seller and the right to request the Seller to correct any incorrect information about the Customer held by the Seller.